I can’t believe it but the baby of our family is 19 years old today! How did that happen?! I blinked and he went from a tiny little thing to a full grown man! I’m so proud of the man he has become. He’s such a blessing to our family! In honor of his 19th birthday, here are 19 things that I love about him (in no particular order)…
1. He’s a follower of Christ – the most important thing he could be.
2. He is hilarious. Such a great sense of humor and always makes us laugh!
3. He is a thinker. He might not always say what’s on his mind but you can bet he’s thinking about it.
4. He’s wise. When he does decide to share what’s on his mind, the wisdom that comes out of this kid astounds me sometimes.
5. He’s intelligent. He’s always made really good grades all through school but it’s even more than that – it goes back to the part about being a thinker and wise. He just sees things in a way that not everyone does and he always figures things out.
6. He’s a great son. He’s thoughtful and helpful and would do anything to help his family.
7. He’s a great brother. The friendship he has with his sister is just incredible to me. It’s such a blessing to see them together.
8. He’s a servant. He’s served with his youth group in many capacities – from student leadership to mission trips – and I’m so proud of him for that.
9. He has a wealth of knowledge about tons of stats and facts. He shared with me the other day about a whole bunch of information about space! haha!
10. He has curiosity which drives him to learn about things.
11. He has the most beautiful blue eyes.
12. He asks how things are going with me and my business and shows genuine interest. I don’t know if many teenage boys are too worried about what their moms are doing. 😉
13. He’s protective. I know that he would do anything necessary to protect me or his sister. I think he gets that from his daddy. They’re both pretty great like that. 🙂
14. He’s a gentleman. Thankfully he also learned this from his daddy. Manners are important and treating a lady like a lady sets him apart from a lot of other men these days.
15. He’s a good friend. I know he’s there for the friends that he has and is a loyal and dependable guy.
16. He’s a reader. We’ve shared some of the same interests in books and authors in the past and it’s fun to have that common interest.
17. He’s a great soccer player. He’s played since he was a little boy and it’s been so fun to watch him play over the years.
18. He likes to play games. We don’t do it as much anymore but I love to play games too and I could always count on him to play a game if I wanted to. 🙂
19. He made me the mom of a boy – what a joy that’s been!
I love you, Tyler!! Happy birthday!!!