I have two amazing kids whom I love very much. And I really need to write about what my daughter is doing right now because it’s amazing! But today I just felt the need to write about my youngest.
My youngest child is an 18-year-old boy. He’s a freshman in college, in his second semester, and is doing well there. We homeschooled him from 1st grade all the way through his senior year of high school so the college scene is a little different than what he’s been used to. He’s taken to it very well and we’re so proud of him!
Since one of the main reasons for this blog is to journal the blessings in my life, I just wanted to take a minute to say that he is a blessing. This is by no means an exhaustive list but here are a few things I’m thankful for today:
- He comes home from school and tells us about his day and shares interesting things with us that he learned.
- He emptied the dishwasher this morning without even being asked!
- He shows genuine interest in me and my business by asking me questions and asking how things are going.
- He is a great brother to his sister!
- He spent the whole day with me for my birthday.
- He has an amazing sense of humor and makes me laugh all the time.
- He takes after his dad in many ways – he’s a talented artist for one!
- He brought the trash cans up when he got home last night – again without being asked.(But don’t worry – he’s not perfect and DOES have to be asked to do things frequently. 😉 )
- He’s a joy to have a conversation with and is such a deep thinker. He’s always been wise beyond his years.
- He has the prettiest blue
eyes and a beautiful smile. 🙂
I sure do love this kid!